Thursday, May 14, 2015

Infused.

My infusion is done,and my blood  drinks in this month's Tysabri. The drug glides into place, ready to see off the never ending MS attacks. They never seem to get bored with trying to cripple me. Once the drug and my blood start working together, they form a barrier, that the MS virus doesn't seem to be able to cross. This doesn't mean the damage that has already been done gets fixed, but it does stop all kinds of other awful from occurring.
The infusion itself? It was great. Nice comfy chair, line fed in by people who really know what they are doing,  lots of tunes to listen to, and a coffee for the hour after. You stay for an hour after the infusion, so that they can check you're not going to drop dead.. I've been infused in this room 36 times, and if I could, I'd go 36 more. Once I accepted that there was no way forward without a little dangerous help, things really picked up.

No comments: