Tuesday, November 11, 2014

By the skin of my teeth.

"I'll keep eating the sweets, you keep fixing them."
This is not something to say to your dentist, which I did. I went in yesterday for a cleaning. 4 hours later,  poorer than when I walked in, with a numbed face, and a vague memory that something significant had just happened, I came home and went to bed with the certain knowledge,
"Sweets are bad!"
But, I really like chocolate. Yes, but it hates me. Years ago a teacher of mine, Mr Longbottom, told me that he never carried change around with him,
"I'll just spend it on sweets."
Bless, I thought, this man has no self control. I now realize that Mr Longbottom's message was a warning,  sent from the future, to warn the young about the reconstructive nightmare that was coming. Bugger.
I did describe the nice work that was being done yesterday, as being in an episode of the pit and the pendullum, with a lovely smile at the end. So, no sweets then. Floss you idiot! Got it. This would mean a lot more if one of the people working there hadn't said,
"To be honest,  if I was rich enough, I'd take them all out, and whack in a false pair."
Another voice from the future? Lets hope not.

No comments: