Friday, January 3, 2014

Reason

Today is freezing cold. Is this some sign from the heavens? Of course not. Is it a result of us fucking the planet up for decades? Yes. Some will read yes as an unthinking preference for science over faith, that I should be bothered that I lean towards the real world rather than a fantasy land I should be leaning to, so i have somewhere nice to look forward the day when I die and rot or burn, I haven't decided yet.
I just had a message that my blog failed to save itself, which it should do. I know this is just a glitch, but the superstition that gets piled on with a trowel gives me a half seconds pause. Stupid, but this way of looking is ingrained, a way of feeling there are other powers looking out for us, it can't possibly be down to me. It is.
If you asked me if I'd ever seen a ghost I would tell you I have seen a lot of people I knew were not there. Are they ghosts? I had to answer this question as it has happened to me over and over again, always when I am suffering MS fatigue. It was so bad I asked a neurologist years ago if this was normal. He smiled, leant back and said, "Everybody does that!" I think his cheery response may have come by dealing with a lot of neurologically damaged people.
MS is often spotted as the eyes are backed by pale optic discs. They cannot be repaired and leaves the user with the knowledge that thats your lot, get on with it. Weird, in that living relapsing remitting means that certain things will improve for me, just not that. Hang on. Thats not true.
I haven't seen figures that aren't there for a while. I know now that they are created by the loss of connection between my eyes and my brain which builds a sense of what is in front of eyes, rather than what is actually there. Sounds terrifying, is a bit. Its like having all those things you think you catch out of the corner of your eye presented in front of you for 5 seconds, then vanishing.
These figures are built from the inability to discern the pile of clothes or anything that is front of me and building a form I can deal with. Optic Neuritis, not ghosts.
Yes, but don't you do Yoga? Aren't you a second level attuned Reiki healer? Yes I am. Does it sound like a load of hokey bollocks? Yes. Does it work? Yes. Do I punt it at all and sundry as the only answer? No.

No comments: