Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Very nice, very nice..

I realised today that Beth and I were sharing libraries on iTunes . I went through and found a lot of music I really liked. Beth has fantastic taste. I found all The Smiths albums, which I haven't had around for ages. I remembered just how much I like them. I'm watching the South Bank documentary from 1987, just after them broke up. One critic put his reputation on the line and said he thought that The Smiths would be remembered as well as The Beatles in 10 years. He wasn't far off. Over 20 years on I still regard them as one of the best bands ever.
Beth and I saw Morrissey a couple of years ago. The crowd went nuts, it was a great gig. If  he reformed with Johnny Marr? Unlikely, but Id go to that gig. 
I shut down any thought of performing and arty stuff pretty much for the last 2 years, since I got into trouble with the MS. I to started doing infusions once a month, just to get back to basically level. Picking up tri- neuralgic nerve pain and wiping it out with very heavy, trippy drugs for 4 months helped but wiped out half the year. If I spoke to you during that time, sorry about that.
But, I get the feeling things are going to be OK. I have no idea how. But it will happen.

No comments: