Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bing.

Every morning at 8am or so, a load of junk emails from firms I have no interest in buying anything from, land on my computer. I know they are there as a series of bings go off. Its an electronic invasion of  unwanted consumer nudging, and I hate it. I dislike it so much that any firm that pushes their tat at me this way will never get any business from me, ever.
If I wanted your crap I would let you know. At least catalogues I have no interest in land quietly. I don't buy their crap either, as that is a load of paper I didn't ask for. I know I look like the anti-consumer. Not true. If I want something I'm interested in I'll buy it. I'll look around to find if there is something I haven't thought of. What I can't stand is nudging.
I cant be the only one who hates shit house constant advertising. Looking at BBC News from the States , the video news bits have adverts. What the fuck? Know that the second I see an advert I turn it down the volume by reflex and ignore it, until it fucks off.
Commercials for drugs irritate me. They tell how there going to help the afflicted out, then spend the last half of the advert pointing out how lethal the drug can be. Not only that, the onus is on the sickie to check out how lethal the drug they haven't tested properly is, as if its the sick person's fault if they die trying to sort out a cold.
Why not sell stuff that actually works, rather than factoring in a budget for lawsuits that are inevitably coming?
Oh  yeah, bottom line. My mistake. Bing. Fuck off!

No comments: