Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Close to the edit

In the Life and Arts section of the Dispatch today they quote a new comic's joke.

"I have a friend who has a smart car. Two things. My friend is an idiot and he was recently in a fender Bender with a Tahoe and broke both his legs. He's not so smart anymore is he?"

Inspired me to edit it. the jokes in there just needs to get there quicker.

My friend bought a smart car. Crashed it into a Tahoe. 2 broken legs and an intellectually superior car that wont speak to him any more.

I don't think my version is the best this joke can be. It just fascinated me to work on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this--my friend bought one of those smart cars, and then crashed it into a truck. He broke his leg, but here's the cool thing--the car was able to set the bone.

dowdy said...

I like that a lot Mr Mann!

dowdy said...

actually quicker is
Friend bought a smart car. Crashed it. Broke his leg. Car set the bone.

Mark said...

that's it! Comedy is about subtraction, after all!

dowdy said...

don't be giving our big secret away now......