Friday, December 18, 2015

Teeth Palarver.

I'm writing about my day at the dentist, whilst listening to God Speed! You Black Emperor play their We Have The Signal set. As the music builds and ebbs, pushing back and forth, with occasional dips, but no let up in tension, it soundtracks the day i just had.
I went in to get my teeth cleaned. I figured it would be a Christmas treat. It was all going well until Nicky my hygienist, took a good look on the left side of my mouth. A pained  look of,
 "Ooh, you are in trouble,"
 descended and my Christmas teeth treat became  a 4 hour emergency repair, replete with the sound and feel of drilling, and the smell of burning teeth. Sounds absolutely horrific, but I'm lucky, the people at my dentist,  Merion Village Dental are excellent, and a really good laugh. Given the Marathon Man levels of horror I was looking at, it all came out just fine. And they said I could eat whatever I like! Though I think that might be what caused todays problems……maybe an apple (dipped in chocolate…)

No comments: