Monday, December 14, 2015

4 cup Tipping point.

This morning, Beth made a big pot of coffee. she then went out, and I drank all that was left. I know that my tipping point with coffee is when I start the third cup. I'm always quietly amazed when I see americans who drink coffee constantly, and I suspect may have a drip by their bed, so that the caffeine can fuel their dreams.  These are dreams of success! And a lot of running, running from things that they can't quite see, but they know are very bad. I think that the shadow figures may be their nervous system calling out to them.
"For fuck's sake, give us a break! Water please, no junk."
Coffee has taken off in England, but we come from a nice cup of tea, with toast, some jam, and a nice chat. People make cups of tea for each other,
 "D'ya fancy a brew?"
From this small nicety, pints of tea can end up being consumed. This is just as excessive as the American coffee blight, but you do get roast, and a nice eclair, if there's one going...

No comments: