Friday, June 7, 2013

Manic Miner.

Manic Miner was a great game. It was a Christmas treat for my 16k spectrum. Then the spectrum disappeared for a few days. When it came back, it was 48k, able to play Elite and other games I'd only read about. I played them. I preferred Manic Miner. These were the days when games were booted by playing a tape. Changing my mind for an old game was not popular. Then came Jet Set Willy. Manic Miner plus! That's what it said. Roam through screens of fun. You could. Unless you made that mistake of jumping into the abyss, when the game locked into repeat until you turned it off. That's what the last few days have been like.Push back the nerve pain with the drugs? Gotcha. Wander around having fun? Will do. Unless, it locks into a repeat, then you have to turn off for a while. I loved manic Miner. Jet Set Willy? Fun but annoying.

No comments: