Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something simple

While I was in London last october I was sitting with my old friend Kirsten and my mum in a bar down the road from my dad's flat in Covent Garden. Kirsten was in London working at the RNIB (royal national institute for the blind), I was in London as I'd had a MS episode and couldn't fly back to America. Actually it worked out well as Kirsten and I went to see the Macbeth that was on. I think its transfered to New York now. If you get the chance, see it, its the best Shakespeare production I've ever seen. Scary as fuck start to finish.
On the night in question me and me mum were going out for something to eat. I asked her

"What would you like to eat?"
"I don't know Si, something simple."

I then said

"You're in luck there's a slow kid with a hot dog stand at the end of the road."

Mum said she couldn't believe I'd said that. I tried to explain that I wasn't being horrible, that I actually felt the lad had done really well for himself. Of course the kid in question doesn't exist and I have no idea where that statement came from.

No comments: