Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Rain

Having had a confusing week, with spring weather, winter weather, and spring in the day, and cold that I didn't see coming weather in the evening, we have settled on raining, with the potential for a tornado.
When I moved here, I was terrified of tornados. This was because the day after I moved here, I heard my first tornado siren test. I was in my new flat, in my new country, and as far as I knew, some sort of war had just been declared. I was a little perturbed.
I now know that the siren in Columbus will go off every Thursday at midday. I also know that hearing the siren at any other time is bad news. I have seen the over excited weather people, as they detail the tornado that may be coming, by showing the potential path, and the place you should hide if it hits your house. Apparently its England though Doris gave me pass for thought about that.
I have had the siren wake me up at 2am. Bugger I thought,  as I sat listening to the death wind howling around me. And then it went somewhere else.
So, today is a little confusing. The news has been saying,
"We are ok, its gone past. Hang on, oh, ah, well, we'll keep an eye out."
The confusion is that I know that the warning is definitely going to go off at midday.Hmm....perturbing.

No comments: