Monday, May 2, 2016

Pep.

I've had MS for 26 years, 28 if I take it back to the warning shots across the bow, whilst I was LSE. This is a long arse time, more than half my life. I cant remember not being sick.
However, I do remember having a lot of fun, while the nightmare unfolded. I got to do a lot if things I always wanted to do, and do them as well as I could. I had to stop doing them as the nightmare progressed, and once I'd stopped sulking, and MS sulks are epic, I always found myself looking around for something else to try.
Currently, I get to do a radio play, something That I always wanted to do, and I still get to do impro, which I have loved doing for years.
Having wondered how on earth I am still here for the last few years, I have concluded that I'm not going anywhere for a while.
What am I saying? We all look into abyss sometimes, some of us spend our life-dancing on the edge. Nothing is impossible, just really tricky, and it can be brutally unfair.  My advice? Keep dancing, there is fun in there somewhere.

No comments: