Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Rise and Fall Victory.

I spent this morning listening to Jeremy Corbyn's first run at Prime Minister's Questions, after his landslide victory in the Labour leadership election. He started off changing the tone, from a room full of baying over-priveleged chinless wankers, into a room where the public's questions actually got aired. I know that people were complaining afterwards that he wasn't combative enough, and that it was a like seeing a government version of question time. He has members of his own party stating that he has to be out of power by the next election, or Labour will fail miserably. As opposed to last time?  Anyone who can confound the odds, win, and settle the posh mob for a while, has got my vote.
After I listened to the PMQ, I went to Amazon prime music and listened to the new Fall album Re-Mit. What I love about the Fall is that there are no comprises to trend or taste made, ever. You have to listen your way in, and follow the dark path that Mark E Smith lays out before you. Some have said that the Fall now sound like a bad cover version of a once great band. They are wrong. What is happening, is that he truly doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks any more; not that he ever did. There are some top tunes in there, get digging. This also gets my vote.

No comments: