Sunday, September 4, 2011

Time


The picrure of four young kids my uncle John put on my Facebook page today, gave me pause and the opportuntiy to reflect. The kids are, going clockwise from the kid in the white shirt on the left:
My cousin Michael
Me
My uncle John
my brother Kev.
I appear to have eaten the kid in the photo and had a few pies since. 
This picture was taken during the last time I ever saw Michael. Like all of us, he did stupid stuff when he was a kid. The restof us were lucky. He wasn't and passed way too early. looking at the picture, I remembered how much I liked him. He was the one who played White Lines for me on a pub jukebox, during this visit. If his ear was that well tune at that age, lord knows what level he'd be at now.
So, a melancholic Sunday start, but not a sad one. Rest easy Michael, I'm so glad I got to meet you.

No comments: