Wednesday, May 4, 2011

adjustment Bureaux

When I was 13 my parents got me a bureaux. I was so excited, I could store all my stuff in it and do great things, books and such. I was 13, I busted it up pretty much as soon as I got it. I sulked for a few months, then started using it as well as I could. Over time I found I liked its faults, that I had caused, and enjoyed it for what it was.
This is how I find life with MS. I have spent years looking at what should have been, rather than enjoying what is. I'm in Romeo and Juliet playing the apothecary, a small role at the end of the play. My old way of thinking would have been pissed off that I didn't have the health to go up for the Friar. Having burned myself to the ground for 8 months after doing a solo stand-up show in London, I'll take the Apothecary thanks very much. Little pressure and even if things are bad, which they are, I can do it. The read through was Monday where I actually had the chance to read the part of the Friar. It meant a lot to me, and taught me a valuable lesson. Don't sit and stare into the abyss regretting what you can't do, figure out what you can, and enjoy yourself.
And I'm definitely going to see Evil Dead the musical in the woods. I'll probably see both versions, but, Evil Dead the musical in the woods? Tune!!!!

No comments: