Friday, February 26, 2016

Reality Check

Last night, as I do any Thursday I can, I went to the impro drop in at Gressos. I always enjoy going, it is an accepting, safe room to work in, which is less common than you would think. I knew I was a little ropey (ill for my American friends) going in.
I got more into what we were doing as we went along, and finished out on a good pitch at the host of party quirks. Its a game where you to guess what other people are, and I always end up trying to figure out American historical figures that everyone knows i don't have a clue about. I love playing the game, as i know that I'm going to fuck it up.
At the end of the game I knew I'd pushed a little too far, and I felt my legs beginning to die a little. This was more helpful than you would think as I was beginning to think about getting back into performing live. The truth is that the drug I infuse means that I can walk, which I like, and that my MS is backed off to a certain extent. Last night was a small reminder of the cost I used to pay performing.
It doesn't mean that the Thursdays are done, I really like them. It was a useful heads up.

No comments: