Monday, January 11, 2016

Great Weekend Bad Monday

I woke up this morning to the news that David Bowie had died. I'm currently listening to 2 hour show done by Bowie on Radio 2. The first thing that I heard on the show was an introduction by  John Peel. So, thats two people that I really like, that have passed, who are now talking to me across the radio, which itself now lives in a worldwide cyber cache, that I can pick at as I like. The internet at its best,  is a never ending high art and ideas pick and mix, though it is important to remember that a glut of information does not automatically indicate deep or indeed any understanding on any topic. It does mean you can make yourself into a fact regurgitaing party guest that everyone is happy to see leave.
Chicago was fantastic, even the moment where I didn't see the three stairs which dipped steeply in front of me. I cleared them and crashed to the floor.  I then crawled across the floor so that I could pull myself up on a chair, just ahead of the arrival of the worried hotel staff. As always I 'd like to thank my MS Yoga class for training me to fall like a stuntman. All I need now is an instant bruise fix.

No comments: