Friday, October 7, 2011

How I got to London

When I was looking for a university to go to, I didn't have a clue. I wanted York initially, who turned me down, ofter a rollicking interview. I remember them sitting there, looking, just looking. Warwick went well, swimming pool, grounds and such. They offered me BBC. On the old points score 22.
Went for an interview at the LSE. I remeber walking down Southhampton Row, thoroughly freaked out. Interviewed withDerek McKay, who ended up being my head of year, and David Starkey. Must have gone well, theyoffered me BCC point score 20. In the end I got ACC 22. I thought Warwick it is. They were very quiet, and the LSE kept sending me welcome packs. Eventually I got the hint, and went to London, which was the last place I wanted to go.
I know now, London was a perfect fit.Its why I ended up doing stand up, and I wouldn't trade that education and the friends I made for anything. So, cheers Warwick, you sent me exactly where I needed to go, even if I didn't know it. And York? Get the fuck over yourself, the Wars of the Roses sere a long time ago.....

No comments: